Let us start out at the top of the Amalfi Coast. Sorrento is such a beautiful town filled with the cutest shops and a small beach! Sorrento offers everything that you can possibly need including souvenirs at most likely the best prices you will find on the Amalfi Coast. When you visit Sorrento it would be a great idea to take a boat from Sorrento to Capri Island. You can take a ferry for about 80 euros or you can rent a boat for about 200 euros from 9-6pm (if you have 2-7) people I would highly recommend this option. You only need a car license to drive the boat and this gives you the chance to explore the water and Capri at your own time!
If you are a beach person, a beach chair in Sorrento would cost you 10 to 15 Euros per chair!
Next town down the coast would be Positano. This is the town that you have seen over and over again on Instagram. Now let me start out by saying that getting to Positano from Sorrento you have two choices: bus or on your own using a car or Vespa! If you plan on going there on your own make sure that you wake up early in the morning as parking in Positano is extremely difficult to find and also expensive! Parking in a parking garage will cost you an average of 10 Euros per hour. If you are lucky enough to find free street parking (usually on the side of the road, it will be a pretty far walk of approx 30 to 40 minutes from town) good news is, you will save some Euros!
Positano is famous for its beautiful landscape and beach. A beach chair in Positano will cost you an average of 22.50 to 25 Euros. There is a small area for a free beach if you chose to do that instead(make sure to bring your own towel). There are 3 beaches in Positano, 2 large beaches and 1 small beach. Make sure you explore this cute town and enjoy all three beaches!
Next to Positano is Praiano, this cute town is a great place to just wind down, enjoy the views and go for a swim . Praiano is filled with mostly locals and truly is a great escape. You can take a bus from Positano to Praiano or else parking in Praiano is approximately 3 Euros per hour. After the beach make sure you get a chance to taste locally caught seafood at a restaurant near the beach.
Furore is a town you could miss if your aren't looking out for it. Furore is literally a hole in the wall city this is so charming it will knock you off your feet. Furore has the smallest secluded beach on the coast. On this beach you will not find chairs to sit on, no restaurants to eat at, just you and a view of a bridge and the ocean. To get to Furore, it is a bus or a walk away or else car or Vespa is always an option. I was not able to find parking spots in Furore however if you find a restaurant, park your car there and pay approx 15-20 Euros and you can use that as a voucher for your meal after the beach. To get to the beach is a bit of a hike so be aware and ready for that. You will be able to see the beach from the bridge and there are stairs leading you to the beach, however there will be some road blocks so get ready for an adventure and climb! On your stairway path there will be a cement wall that you have to climb up. This wall is about 2 meters tall but totally doable to climb and makes getting to the beach that much more rewarding. Pack a towel and a sandwich and enjoy your day at the beautiful beach.
The next town down the coast is Amalfi Town. This town offers both shopping, hiking and beach views. You can get to Amalfi Town by bus or on your own by car or Vespa. Parking is per day here and will cost you 20 Euros. Make sure you enjoy the beach, do some shopping and get some delicious gelato! Hiking to the next town would take you about 10 minutes and is a great way to go and explore by foot.
Next to Amalfi is Atrani, make sure to take a walk from Amalfi as the walk is only 10 minutes and on your way you will see spectacular views of the coast. Atrani is a very small town but offers a beach for you to enjoy without such a big crowd. You can get a chair for 10-15 Euros on the beach or else bring a towel and enjoy the free beach!
After Atrani, make sure to make a day stop in the town of Ravello. Ravello does not offer a beach but is known for its history and very high end hotels that come with gorgeous views from above of the Amalfi Coast. You can take a bus from Atrani to Ravello or else Parking in Ravello will cost you approximately 3 Euros per hour. While you are there make sure to check out Villa Rufolo and Villa Cimbrone, both filled with incredible views and stunning gardens that are so picture perfect!
After Ravello there is the towns Minori, Maiori and Salerno. I was not able to visit these towns but I heard wonderful things about each of them
The Amalfi coast is such a beautiful place to visit and truly is one for the books. Make sure to enjoy the views, the beach days, the Limoncello and getting lost in the unknown streets!
Manila to Cebu- 1 hour flight
Cebu is such a vibrant city filled with so many adventurous things to do. It is not filled with as many tourist as some of the other islands and to me that is what made it even more special! I spent 2 days in Cebu and packed it with adventure every day! So let us get right to it! Here are the must do's in Cebu
1. Extreme Zip lining in Cebu
2. Sumilon island. Spend the day there and enjoy lunch on the beach. It is easiest to get there from Oslob (3 hour drive from Cebu city)
3. Canyoneering (This was the highlight of the trip!) For those of you who don't know ,canyoneering is hiking and swimming through to canyons, they have 3 meter, 4 meter and 12 meter jumps, slides, and swings. I can't stop raving about this, if you are into adventure look no further!
4. Kawasan Falls- This beauty was worth every minute and is a must see when you are in Cebu (this is the ending point of the canyoneering trip)
Cebu to Coron- 1 hour flight
Coron, Palawan is what you picture when you see images of the Philippines. White sand beaches, crystal blue water, food and so much culture!
There are so many things to do in Coron but most of those things must be seen by boat. There are 3 packages available on the island, Coron Tour A, B and C or the Ultimate tour which includes bits and pieces from each tour. I had 4 days in Coron so I did Tour A, B and C- tours start from 1,300PHP and go up to 2,000PHP. If you have snorkeling gear make sure to bring it with you, or else you can rent for 300-500PHP.
All tours include a lunch on the boat. Make sure to book at least one day in advance and know that you will not be the only one on the boat unless you arrange a private tour in advance.
Tour A includes:
1. Kayangan Lake
2. Green Lagoon
3. Quinn Reef
4. CYC Beach
5. Coral Garden
6. Atwayan Beach
Tour B includes:
1. Barracuda Lake
2. Twin Lagoon
3. Malwawey Beach
4. Reef Garden
5. Skeleton Wreck
Tour C includes:
1. Malacapuya Island
2. Banana Island
3. Bolog Dos Island
If you are not into boat tours and would prefer to stay inland you can:
1. Hike up to the Coron Sign
2. Go to the hot spring.
3. Rent a moped- take it around the city for about 300PHP for 3 to 4 hours.
Paradise really does exist, it exists in the Philippines!
Bangkok to Chiang Mai- 45 minute flight
Chiang Mai is such a beautiful city filled with temples, nature and beautiful wild life. It is not as touristic as some of the other locations in Thailand which is a big reason as to why I choose to go. Its a beautiful place to get to experience, you can see the real rural Thailand without all the tourists.
Top 5 things to do in Chiang Mai
1. Visit an elephant sanctuary and book in advance. Make sure it is an ethical place that does not allow riding or trekking of the elephants
2. Learn how to cook a traditional Thai dish by taking a cooking class! Chiang Mai is known for them.
3. Visit the temples in Chiang Mai, they are breathtaking
4. Walk around the city and hit up a local bar/pub (ask a local for the "hip" bar for the night)
5. Take a drive to Chiang Rai and visit the White Temple
Chiang Mai to Phuket- 1 hour flight
Phuket is a very busy town! Unlike Chiang Mai, Phuket is crowded with tourists so getting a true vibe of Thailand is a bit hard to do. With that being said, if you are traveling to Thailand , stopping for a day or two in Phuket is worth the trip. I stayed in an area called Kata. It is busy and filled with beautiful beaches however for a more party vibe, I suggest Patong.
Top 5 things to do in Phuket
1. Walk around the town. Patong is known for its nightlife, if you aren't staying there go and explore the area around you. Kata has some great shopping areas as well as restaurants!
2. Go to a beach near you and enjoy the views. Kata beach is beautiful but fair warning, it will be crowded.
3. Don't forget to do a bit of shopping here and bargain bargain bargain.
4. Zip line in the rain forest! It was my first time and it was such a blast.
5. Visit the Big Buddha. It opens at 8am and if you get there at that time you will have the whole place to yourself!
Phuket To Phi Phi- 45 minute flight
Top 5 things to do in Phi Phi
1. Take a boat tour to the other islands and go snorkeling.
2. Go to the beach and pack fresh fruit or fresh made smoothies and just take it all in.
3. Party... and party hard. The best beachfront party I have even been to. Go hard or go home right? Make sure to check out the fire show that kicks off the party scene!
4. Walk around the island and eat at any of the local spots.
5. Go to the Phi Phi view point and check out the views at sunset.
1. The Shard, London
Gorgeous view of the city from the top or simply admire the view from the ground. If you get a chance, make a reservation at Duck's and Waffles for an amazing breakfast and perfect views.
2. Tower Bridge, London
London is known for its bridges but this is without a doubt my favorite. Get lost in the city and enjoy the views!
3. The London Eye, London
Take a tour around the ferris wheel or enjoy the view from the ground.
4. Tea time at the cutest coffee shops, London
Tea in London is a must, you will find the most picture perfect coffee shops here. Stop by and enjoy an afternoon tea and pastry.
5. St. Pauls Cathedral, London
Take a trip to the top to get the best view of the city. Fair warning, get ready to sweat!
6. Borough Market, London
The freshest, most delicious food. Try everything!