I visited Singapore solo about a month ago and I had a great time! Let me start by saying that Singapore is a very safe place - as a solo female traveler, you always have your doubts about going somewhere alone. I never felt scared or uneasy during my trip, and I was able to take the metro alone, which was so convenient, walked around at night, etc. Another thing I must tell you if you are thinking about traveling to Singapore - it is very expensive! So keep that in mind when taking the leap and plan accordingly. That being said, I have listed a few things to do in this blog that are free or fairly inexpensive to do. Let’s get started on your to do list!
1. Go to the Gardens by the Bay. It is what Singapore is most known for and it's such a beautiful sight to see! You can go up to the top of the trees and see the view for about 8 Singaporean dollars.
2. Gardens by the bay at night! Everything changes and they light up the trees at night and wow it is just like magic when you go. The best part, it’s absolutely free!
3. Cloud Dome - has the world’s largest indoor waterfall and it's stunning! Flower Dome is another must see. This place is filled with beautiful flowers from all over the world. Entering into both of these places will cost you around 18-23 Singaporean dollars on an app called Klook - buy the tickets beforehand instead of paying 25 at the door (remember, every dollar counts there!)
4. Go to the water and light show at Marina Bay Sands. They have music, water, lights and it all goes perfectly together. Depending on when you go, the show may be every 30 minutes to every hour after 8pm, so make sure you check it out!
5. Eat all the Dim Sum you can! Dim Sum is a steamed dumpling stuffed with meat (beef, pork, chicken, shrimp or crab) or veggies. It’s delicious with a little bit of soy and chili sauce, yumm!
6. Go to the Art and Science Museum and see an exhibition or two - these exhibitions are only around for a limited time so take advantage of it!
7. China Town is a great place to have authentic Chinese food and some great shopping - from paintings to chopsticks, they have it all…just don’t forget to bargain the price!
8. India Palace is somewhere you can get some authentic Indian food and teas. It is usually packed and if you are looking for fine dining, this is not the place for you! This is more of a cafeteria style dining.
9. Haji Lane is great hippie street filled with art work. There are some unique pieces for shopping or simply a cool place to go to and have a cappuccino. Make sure you check it out!
10. Have a drink at Boat Quay or Clark Quay or you know both! Great place to go for a lively dinner or just drinks. These places are usually busy so it’s a great place to get a feel for Singapore.
Enjoy every bit of it, Singapore is a beautiful country with lots to see and all of these things are easily accessible. Take the metro or take a walk and you will be able to find all these beautiful places easily. Take it all in, enjoy the culture, the people and the sights!