Bangkok to Chiang Mai- 45 minute flight
Chiang Mai is such a beautiful city filled with temples, nature and beautiful wild life. It is not as touristic as some of the other locations in Thailand which is a big reason as to why I choose to go. Its a beautiful place to get to experience, you can see the real rural Thailand without all the tourists.
Top 5 things to do in Chiang Mai
1. Visit an elephant sanctuary and book in advance. Make sure it is an ethical place that does not allow riding or trekking of the elephants
2. Learn how to cook a traditional Thai dish by taking a cooking class! Chiang Mai is known for them.
3. Visit the temples in Chiang Mai, they are breathtaking
4. Walk around the city and hit up a local bar/pub (ask a local for the "hip" bar for the night)
5. Take a drive to Chiang Rai and visit the White Temple
Chiang Mai to Phuket- 1 hour flight
Phuket is a very busy town! Unlike Chiang Mai, Phuket is crowded with tourists so getting a true vibe of Thailand is a bit hard to do. With that being said, if you are traveling to Thailand , stopping for a day or two in Phuket is worth the trip. I stayed in an area called Kata. It is busy and filled with beautiful beaches however for a more party vibe, I suggest Patong.
Top 5 things to do in Phuket
1. Walk around the town. Patong is known for its nightlife, if you aren't staying there go and explore the area around you. Kata has some great shopping areas as well as restaurants!
2. Go to a beach near you and enjoy the views. Kata beach is beautiful but fair warning, it will be crowded.
3. Don't forget to do a bit of shopping here and bargain bargain bargain.
4. Zip line in the rain forest! It was my first time and it was such a blast.
5. Visit the Big Buddha. It opens at 8am and if you get there at that time you will have the whole place to yourself!
Phuket To Phi Phi- 45 minute flight
Top 5 things to do in Phi Phi
1. Take a boat tour to the other islands and go snorkeling.
2. Go to the beach and pack fresh fruit or fresh made smoothies and just take it all in.
3. Party... and party hard. The best beachfront party I have even been to. Go hard or go home right? Make sure to check out the fire show that kicks off the party scene!
4. Walk around the island and eat at any of the local spots.
5. Go to the Phi Phi view point and check out the views at sunset.